IS SPRING THE BEST TIME TO CLEAN?
Spring seems to be the perfect time of the year for a deep cleaning home due to the change of the seasons. The weather is perfect to start open windows and let the air flow through your home.
The truth of the matter is that spring cleaning could be the most boring task that needs to be done at home or could be the easiest, all depends of the way you arrange this tasks and the actions you take every day in order to have a clean and a cozy home.
Every Homewood new home or old home has its own unique characteristics and needs when it comes to straightening things up, there are a few basics that anyone can fall back on when it comes to spring cleaning.
Kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, living areas, for washing, replacing, dusting, sorting…not sure where to start? Don’t feel overwhelmed, here are a few handy tips that you can also use as a check list to make your spring cleaning easier and fun than a summer breeze. We also recommend you to have all the cleaning supplies you need beforehand so you won’t be tempted to put it off.
We recommend to start cleaning something you like to see shiny so this task will be more appealing as you will see the results immediately.
- Start cleaning inside and outside of refrigerator, and take the opportunity to throw out expired food products, since you will be emptying the shelves to clean them.
- Clean stove and oven and wipe down microwave
- Wipe down shelves in cupboards and inside drawers
- Clean garbage disposal blades by grinding ice and freshen it with baking soda and/or citrus rinds
- Clean or replace if needed it your range hood filters
- Finally Sweep and mop floors with a nice clean fragrance…Your done!
This task could be one of those you would like to leave it to the last, but think of the idea of enter to your fresh and clean bathroom, having a nice bath or listening to your family saying…This is great and smells fantastic!!!
- Wipe down shower and tub and re-caulk if your caulking has cracks or is moldy
- Clean toilet, countertops, and mirrors
- Sweep and mop the floor
- Wipe down shelves in cupboards and inside drawers
- Clean/wash bath mats, shower curtain, rugs, etc.
In case you have many Bedrooms at home you can start with one per day so the task will be easy and you won’t get tired and overwhelm with the rest of the house cleaning.
- Wash all bedding including your mattress cover
- Wash pillows (or replace if needed it)
- Rotate and flip mattress
- Organize and clean out closet ( take the opportunity to storage in bags clothing you don’t use and keep them in a place you can see it ready to take it for dotation’s)
This kind of areas are the most used at home so we recommend to leave it to the last so you can clean it and organize it properly.
- Vacuum/sweep and mop floor
- Polish furniture (You can start weekly with a piece so you don’t get tired doing it at once)
- Dust electronics/media centers other.
- Organize DVDs, remote controls, magazines, etc.
- Clean sofas and pillows
Throughout the House
This tasks can be done one per day and depending of the amount of work needed it
- Dust furniture surfaces and ceiling fans
- Vacuum, wash or dry clean all carpets, rugs, and draperies
- Wipe down walls, baseboards, and light switches
- Wash windows (inside and out) and windowsills
- Wipe down blinds
- Change air filters
- Apply a light coat of wax to wood cabinets and furniture
The following tasks are more for maintenance but its essentials you take the time to do it as they will reflect the good conditions of your house and the safety of your family.
- Test all smoke detectors (this should be done monthly)
- Check caulking and weather stripping around windows and doors, inside and out
- Check for cracks on the exterior of your home and seal them up with proper caulking
- Clean sliding door track and apply silicone lubricant if necessary
- Oil moving parts of garage door
- Visually inspect roof for broken shingles and clean rain gutters
- Check your attic for evidence of roof leaks, and ensure your attic soffit vents are not blocked with insulation – if they are, move the insulation back to its original location on the attic floor
- Pressure wash soffits, walkways, and roofing to rid of mildew
We also recommend to contact us, SERVPRO have the expertise to provide a deeper clean than your basic house cleaning service. Our residential cleaning services will ease the burden of the constant maintenance cleaning of your home, but will also create a safe, clean, and comfortable living environment for you and your family.
You know SERVPRO as a leader in Fire and Water Cleanup and Restoration, our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. If you would like to schedule service for your home or business, please call today! SERVPRO of Glenview specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke, or water damage.
Don’t wait more, and be ready to enjoy your fresh and clean home organizing the activities during the coming months with this useful checklist or by contacting us, don’t rush for spring or summer time we are here to bring you a hand!