Recent Cleaning Posts
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned - a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let SERVPRO of Glenview help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Glenview today at 847-832-9300 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Spring Cleaning Tips!
Do it yourself cleaners keep your home sparkly clean and smelling fantastic!
Create your own cleaner. Peppermint oil is a natural bug repellent so it’s great to use on windows. #DIY #Springcleaning
Spring Duct Cleaning
Spring is in the air! That also means allergy season is just around the corner. This is the best time to have your ventilation system's ductwork made fresh and clean after dust, debris, animal hair and other contaminants have been circulating through your vents during the winter months. Ventilation systems are often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality. Make it a priority to inspect the ductwork of your home or business.
Give SERVPRO of Glenview a call and we’ll come out and give you a free quote.
Are Your Drapes and Blinds Feeling Neglected?
SERVPRO of Glenview excels at cleaning fine fabrics and intricate pieces using wet or dry cleaning methods as required.We carefully inspect and test fabrics to determine which of our System’s five cleaning methods is best suited to your fabrics. We use state-of-the-art equipment designed specifically for cleaning fine fabrics.
When Should My Drapes Be Cleaned?
A good rule-of-thumb is to clean drapes approximately every two years. A recent survey by SERVPRO disclosed that the average customer believes drapes should be cleaned when they look dirty. Depending on your heating system, the amount of smokers in the home, and other factors, drapes may not show soil for two to six years. The oily atmospheric soil will gradually cause the fabric to deteriorate. Often, direct sunlight is unjustly blamed for this. You may triple the life of your draperies through professional cleaning, which is relatively inexpensive compared to replacement costs.
When your draperies need cleaning, make certain they are dry cleaned ONLY. Only a small percentage of materials can be laundered. If in doubt, call us for advice. Be discriminating in your choice of professional dry cleaners. Some cleaners have equipment designed for clothes cleaning, while others have equipment specifically designed for draperies.
SERVPRO of Glenview has an exclusive process of dry cleaning draperies right in your home. There’s no need to have your home or office exposed while your draperies are out being cleaned. We inject a specially formulated solvent into your drapery under pressure and extract the chemical, leaving your drapes clean. This special process results in no damage or shrinkage to the material.
So, call us at 847-832-9300 and make your window treatments feel fresh and pretty again! Most importantly, you will get quality cleaning at a reasonable price and your drapes and blinds will thank you for it.
Ten Reasons to Have Your Carpets Cleaned Professionally
Fresh Clean Carpets
As the weather warms and people head outdoors, it’s a great time to free your home’s carpets from the accumulation of dirt that comes with the Midwest winter weather.
Here are the top ten reasons to have carpets cleaned professionally.
Properly cleaning and maintaining carpets:
- Prolongs the life of carpeting. Regular carpet cleaning using the extraction method can increase the life of carpets significantly, protecting your floor-covering investment.
- Protects indoor air quality. Carpets trap airborne pollutants; however, eventually those pollutants must be removed in order to protect the carpet and maintain indoor air quality.
- Makes carpets easier to maintain. Most carpet soiling is made up of dry soils; when carpets are kept thoroughly cleaned on a regular basis, most dry soils can be removed with regular vacuuming.
- Removes spots and stains. As with other soils, spots and stains can attract more soiling. Removing them promptly protects carpeting from damage.
- Prevents buildup of allergens and bacteria. Moist soiling of carpets can result in the buildup of several unhealthy contaminants.
- Enhances the appearance of any room. Clean, well-maintained carpets speak volumes about the overall cleanliness of a home or facility.
- Improves worker morale. Workers feel better about their work environment when it is clean. This includes the carpeting.
- Makes carpeting look and feel clean and fresh.
- Removes dust mites and other pests that may have found a home in carpets.
- Maintains the carpet’s warranty. Most carpet warranties require that carpets be cleaned using the extraction method within a specific amount of time, usually every 12 to 18 months.
Call us at SERVPRO of Glenview to schedule your carpet cleaning at 847-832-9300. Enjoy the feeling of barefoot clean carpets!
Summer is Coming. Fresh Air Inside and Out!
Duct Cleaning. Have a SERVPRO Professional Do it Right!
Summer is coming! This is the best time to have your ventilation system's ductwork made fresh and clean after dust, debris, animal hair and other contaminants have been circulating through your vents during the winter months. Ventilation systems are often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality. Make it a priority to inspect the ductwork of your home or business.
If your HVAC has been operating for some time without attention, it could be circulating odors, dust and other contaminates.
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals routinely inspect the heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit (HVAC). Keeping them clean can extend the life of the equipment. This can in turn save you money and give you cleaner air to breathe.
However, duct cleaning is not always necessary. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals will make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns. This can save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your system.
The benefits of servicing your HVAC unit include:
- Helps to restore peak energy efficiency.
- May help to eliminate offensive odors.
- Helps reduce the potential for mold growth.
We also recommend to contact us, SERVPRO of Glenview. We have the expertise to provide a deeper clean than your basic house cleaning service. Our residential cleaning services will ease the burden of the constant maintenance cleaning of your home, but will also create a safe, clean, and comfortable living environment for you and your family. Call us today at 847-832-9300.
IS SPRING THE BEST TIME TO CLEAN?
Spring seems to be the perfect time of the year for a deep cleaning home due to the change of the seasons. The weather is perfect to start open windows and let the air flow through your home.
The truth of the matter is that spring cleaning could be the most boring task that needs to be done at home or could be the easiest, all depends of the way you arrange this tasks and the actions you take every day in order to have a clean and a cozy home.
Every Homewood new home or old home has its own unique characteristics and needs when it comes to straightening things up, there are a few basics that anyone can fall back on when it comes to spring cleaning.
Kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, living areas, for washing, replacing, dusting, sorting…not sure where to start? Don’t feel overwhelmed, here are a few handy tips that you can also use as a check list to make your spring cleaning easier and fun than a summer breeze. We also recommend you to have all the cleaning supplies you need beforehand so you won’t be tempted to put it off.
We recommend to start cleaning something you like to see shiny so this task will be more appealing as you will see the results immediately.
- Start cleaning inside and outside of refrigerator, and take the opportunity to throw out expired food products, since you will be emptying the shelves to clean them.
- Clean stove and oven and wipe down microwave
- Wipe down shelves in cupboards and inside drawers
- Clean garbage disposal blades by grinding ice and freshen it with baking soda and/or citrus rinds
- Clean or replace if needed it your range hood filters
- Finally Sweep and mop floors with a nice clean fragrance…Your done!
This task could be one of those you would like to leave it to the last, but think of the idea of enter to your fresh and clean bathroom, having a nice bath or listening to your family saying…This is great and smells fantastic!!!
- Wipe down shower and tub and re-caulk if your caulking has cracks or is moldy
- Clean toilet, countertops, and mirrors
- Sweep and mop the floor
- Wipe down shelves in cupboards and inside drawers
- Clean/wash bath mats, shower curtain, rugs, etc.
In case you have many Bedrooms at home you can start with one per day so the task will be easy and you won’t get tired and overwhelm with the rest of the house cleaning.
- Wash all bedding including your mattress cover
- Wash pillows (or replace if needed it)
- Rotate and flip mattress
- Organize and clean out closet ( take the opportunity to storage in bags clothing you don’t use and keep them in a place you can see it ready to take it for dotation’s)
This kind of areas are the most used at home so we recommend to leave it to the last so you can clean it and organize it properly.
- Vacuum/sweep and mop floor
- Polish furniture (You can start weekly with a piece so you don’t get tired doing it at once)
- Dust electronics/media centers other.
- Organize DVDs, remote controls, magazines, etc.
- Clean sofas and pillows
Throughout the House
This tasks can be done one per day and depending of the amount of work needed it
- Dust furniture surfaces and ceiling fans
- Vacuum, wash or dry clean all carpets, rugs, and draperies
- Wipe down walls, baseboards, and light switches
- Wash windows (inside and out) and windowsills
- Wipe down blinds
- Change air filters
- Apply a light coat of wax to wood cabinets and furniture
The following tasks are more for maintenance but its essentials you take the time to do it as they will reflect the good conditions of your house and the safety of your family.
- Test all smoke detectors (this should be done monthly)
- Check caulking and weather stripping around windows and doors, inside and out
- Check for cracks on the exterior of your home and seal them up with proper caulking
- Clean sliding door track and apply silicone lubricant if necessary
- Oil moving parts of garage door
- Visually inspect roof for broken shingles and clean rain gutters
- Check your attic for evidence of roof leaks, and ensure your attic soffit vents are not blocked with insulation – if they are, move the insulation back to its original location on the attic floor
- Pressure wash soffits, walkways, and roofing to rid of mildew
We also recommend to contact us, SERVPRO have the expertise to provide a deeper clean than your basic house cleaning service. Our residential cleaning services will ease the burden of the constant maintenance cleaning of your home, but will also create a safe, clean, and comfortable living environment for you and your family.
You know SERVPRO as a leader in Fire and Water Cleanup and Restoration, our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. If you would like to schedule service for your home or business, please call today! SERVPRO of Glenview specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke, or water damage.
Don’t wait more, and be ready to enjoy your fresh and clean home organizing the activities during the coming months with this useful checklist or by contacting us, don’t rush for spring or summer time we are here to bring you a hand!