Spring Showers ruining your hard wood floors?
This flooded kitchen was caused by recent heavy rains.
Heavy spring rains flooded a customer's home in Glenview causing the wood floors to buckle.
SERVPRO uses a system called Inject-a-dry to suck all the water up from the wood floors leaving it "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Glenview was called in to do the water mitigation for this family to save their hard wood floors from ruin. The customers were so grateful that they referred us to all of their friends and family!
Water damage to your home? No worries!
SERVPRO of Glenview is here to help with any water damage you may incur. From extreme rains to pipe breaks. We've got you covered!
SERVPRO is here to help 24/7! Call us for all your water and fire damage needs!
1,200 tornadoes on average hit the U.S. Will you be ready when one hits your town? Call SERVPRO of Glenview for your storm damage needs!
Some things you should know about tornadoes:
1. Most move southwest to southeast, however, some change direction or even back track.
2. Tornadoes do not only appear as funnel clouds.
3. Tornadoes can accompany tropical storms and hurricanes once on land.
Spring Cleaning Tips!
Do it yourself cleaners keep your home sparkly clean and smelling fantastic!
Create your own cleaner. Peppermint oil is a natural bug repellent so it’s great to use on windows. #DIY #Springcleaning
Spring Duct Cleaning
Spring is in the air! That also means allergy season is just around the corner. This is the best time to have your ventilation system's ductwork made fresh and clean after dust, debris, animal hair and other contaminants have been circulating through your vents during the winter months. Ventilation systems are often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality. Make it a priority to inspect the ductwork of your home or business.
Give SERVPRO of Glenview a call and we’ll come out and give you a free quote.
Spring Break Water Damage
The amount of untold damage that a broken pipe can do is breath taking and that can be if you are there when it happens. How much initial damage and secondary damage will occur if you aren't there? What will happen and how long will it go on if you are gone on a Spring Vacation or out of town over the weekend?
Turning your water off before you leave for vacation or the weekend can seem like such a small and unlike preparation and yet that act alone can be the difference between avoiding disaster entirely or thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars in damage to your home or business.
Unfortunately, very few business and home owners take the time to learn where their emergency shut offs are, and only when the barbarians are at the gate does it become a necessity.
Take the time to educate yourself where these shut offs are and don't forget to shut the water off before you leave for prolonged periods of time. Should disaster strike, call the professionals. Call SERVPRO of Glenview.
#WaterDamage #PipeBreak #InsuranceClaim #Restoration #Mitigation #BoardUp #FireDamage #SmokeDamage #SERVPROGLENVIEW
Why SERVPRO - Faster to Any Disaster!
Time is of the essence!
24 Hour Emergency Service
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals provide emergency water restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays. You can expect an immediate response time, day or night.
Need Emergency Service?
Call SERVPRO of Glenview Now:
A Fast Response Is Crucial
In many cleaning and restoration situations, immediate action is needed. With over 1,700 U.S. and Canadian Franchise locations, SERVPRO is strategically positioned to be faster to any size emergency.
An immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water is particularly invasive, quickly spreading throughout your property and being absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, etc. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals arrive quickly and start the water extraction process almost immediately.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Prepare yourself for Spring.......STORMS!
Spring can be devastatingly beautiful or just devastating!
From thunderstorms spawning high winds to flooding and tornadoes, spring storms can bring tremendous property damage.
Hailstorms cause almost $1 billion in property damage each year, according to the Insurance Information Institute. Losses for severe thunderstorms in the U.S. have increased sevenfold since 1980, reaching almost $15 billion last year, according to Munich Re, the world's largest reinsurer.
While it's true that it's difficult to predict Mother Nature, you can take steps ahead of time to prepare your home for spring storms, minimize damage and keep your family safe. Use these tips to prepare for whatever Mother Nature has in store this season:
- Prune dead or rotting branches from trees near your home or car that could fall during a storm.
- Stock an emergency kit with water, non-perishable food, a first-aid kit, flashlights and extra batteries, and a battery-operated radio in case of a storm-related power outage.
- Use surge protectors for electronic equipment in your home such as computers, televisions and appliances.
- Install a lightning protection system that will redirect lightning strikes safely into the ground.
- Know how to shut off the power to your house using the main fuse or breaker on the electrical service panel, and how to shut off water and gas support lines if instructed by disaster officials.
- Learn about flood insurance at floodsmart.gov. Floods and flash floods occur in all 50 states and most homeowner’s insurance policies do not cover flood damages — even an inch of water can cause thousands of dollars in damage.
- Check the condition of your roof and make any needed repairs to minimize damage in a storm. Clean gutters and downspouts so water will be diverted away from your home.
If a storm is approaching, stay up to date on the latest weather conditions and heed any warnings or evacuation orders.
If a storm is imminent, it's time to batten down the hatches right away and think safety:
- Use your TV, radio or the Internet to stay up to date on changing weather conditions. Know the difference between a storm watch and the more serious storm warnings issued by the National Weather Service.
- Tie down or bring inside anything that could be blown around such as trash cans, barbecue grills and outdoor furniture.
- Get inside and close your windows and doors. Pull the blinds and drapes so that if glass is broken, it's less likely to fly into the house.
- Unplug expensive electronic equipment.
- Set your refrigerator and freezer to the coldest setting. In case of a power outage, food will be colder and last longer.
These steps can help you feel prepared for the uncertainty of spring storm season.
Remember that if you should be hit by a damaging storm, SERVPRO of Glenview, at 847-832-9300, is here to help. "Like it never even happened."
See you at the Glenview Chamber of Commerce Resident Open House
Glenview Village Hall
On February 23rd, SERVPRO of Glenview will be participating in The Glenview Chamber of Commerce Resident Open House.
Location:Park Center Lobby Area
2400 Chestnut Avenue
Date/Time Information:February 23, 2019
9:00 - 11:30 a.m.
Event Description:Learn about Glenview at one time in one place at the Glenview Resident Open House. Representatives from Village of Glenview, Glenview Park District, Glenview Public Library, Glenview Chamber of Commerce, Northfield Township, and information from other community organizations will be available at this free event.
Jeff Thompson will be representing SERVPRO of Glenview at a table between 10:00 am to 11:00 am.
About our Community:
Glenview a destination of choice for businesses and their owners, and for the customers and community that contribute to make Glenview a great place to live and work.
SERVPRO of Glenview is 1 of nearly 500 companies that are a part of the Glenview Chamber of Commerce. For over 90 years the Chamber has served as a voice of business in Glenview. The Glenview Chamber serves as a connection for business information, business events, and great marketing opportunities.
For the past 5 year we at SERVPRO of Glenview have been a proud member of the Glenview Chamber of Commerce. Through the different events, from ribbon cuttings to holiday parades we have had not but a great experience with the Chamber. On behalf of SERVPRO of Glenview, and nearly 500 local business we would like to say "THANKS" for all the help and support.
SERVPRO of Glenview is locally owned and operated—so we’re a part of this community too. We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 Franchises, which enables us to respond quicker with more resources. For major storms and disasters, we can call upon special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country.
Stop by and see us! We are proud to serve our local communities.
"Like it never even happened"
SERVPRO of Glenview is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today – (847) 832-9300
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Glenview has the specificwater damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. Thesequestions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
? Your name and contact information
? Your insurance information (if applicable)
? The street address of the water-damaged home or business
? When did the flooding or water damage occur?
? What caused the water damage (if known)?
? Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Glenview
SERVPRO of Glenview specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.