Calling Us for Water Damage? Here's What to Expect
Call Today – (847) 832-9300
When we answer the phone, we are ready to help!
Our staff understands that when you call us, you may be feeling upset, stressed, vulnerable, or confused. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO® of Glenview has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration — in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect When You Call
When you call us, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions are necessary to determine whether we need to respond immediately or whether we will first come out to perform an inspection for estimate. If we are responding by sending a crew immediately, the questions asked will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO® professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO® representative will ask several questions, including:
- Personal information
- Your name
- The address of the water-damaged home or business
- Your phone number(s)
- Your email address
- Whether you are calling on someone else's behalf or if you are the homeowner / business owner
- Insurance information (if applicable)
- Your insurance provider
- If known, your insurance claim #
- If known, your insurance adjuster's info
- If known, the amount of your deductible
- When the flooding or water damage occurred
- What caused the water damage (if known)
- Whether the source of water has been addressed
- For example, if your sump pump failed, we'll need to know if the plumber has been out to fix the pump.
- If the power was out, we'll ask whether electricity is available on-site
- What you can see that has been damaged by the water
- Contents & belongings
- What steps you may have already taken in responding to your water emergency
- If possible, estimate the area of water-damage, either in square footage or in room measurements. Knowing how large an area that has been affected may directly impact the need for an immediate response.
Based on your individual situation, we will set a time to come to your home or business, either for immediate response or to inspect and provide an estimate.
Actions You Can Take Before We Arrive
Additionally, you can count on our staff to reassure you and to provide you with guidance on what measures you can take while you wait for us. For instance, if your sump pump failed and your basement has flooded, you can minimize damage by taking immediate action. This may include removing contents and belongings which are getting wet or are in the path of the rising waters; removing or raising furniture above the water by placing the furniture legs on blocks or risers; removing water-absorbing materials such as carpeting, cushions or pillows, blankets, or other linens, as well as books, papers, or cardboard boxes. While these actions may seem like common knowledge, in a crisis situation, it is easy to draw a blank on what needs to be done.
Any measures you can take to minimize the damage to your contents and belongings should be taken. However, if you are unable to move your contents on your own, be sure to let our office staff know this during your initial phone call. Our technicians will remove your belongings from the location of water-damage if you are unable to do so. If for any reason you do not feel safe or comfortable in doing any tasks in the water-damaged area of your home, please let us know and leave it for us to do. We want you to stay safe and unharmed.
If you have any questions or concerns about the inquiry process, please reach out to us and we will gladly address your concerns and answer your questions. Call our office at 847-832-9300.
We pride ourselves in being understanding, professional, and kind to our customers, and we strive to be thorough in our assessments and straightforward in what we recommend be done for your situation.
We have the knowledge, experience, and equipment to handle your water damage mitigation, cleanup, and restoration. And we are proud to have over 50 years' experience standing behind the SERVPRO® name.
SERVPRO® -- Here to Help® -- Ready for Whatever Happens.